I've been using GoDaddy, the world's leading domain registrar, for my domain names and hosting since 2003. And I continue to use them because I've had nothing but great experiences; they offer great rates, great customer service and they make it easy to configure everything with WordPress!
So, to start here's a little background information for you:
A domain name usually costs around $15 a year.
Related: How Much do Domain Names Cost?
The cheapest web hosting plan is $7.99 a month ($95.88 a year).
Both of these combined, without discounts, would total out to be about $110.88 for the year (before taxes.)
I'm going to show you to get 1-year of hosting for just $12 total PLUS get a free domain name! That will save you a total of $98.88!
Now, if you aren't sure what heck is the difference between a domain name and a hosting plan, check out my blog post, "Domain Name & Web Hosting; What is the Difference?" and then come back to this blog post.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Since I use and recommend GoDaddy to my clients, they reward me with a small commission when someone purchases a product or service. This allows me to create more free content on this blog to help you create and elevate your business! Thank you for your support!
Here's How to Get Your Free Domain Name
2. Click the blue "Get Started" button.
3. Choose your FREE domain name.
Need help choosing a domain name?
4. Create your GoDaddy account or sign in if you already have one.
5. Under "Your Items" make sure to use the following options:
- Under "Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel" choose 12 months to get 1 year of hosting at $1/month.
- Under ".Com Domain Registration" choose 1 year or 2 years.
- If you want domain privacy you can choose that option for an extra $9.99 a year.
Your total should be $12.18 with taxes.
Please note: after your promo period ends, your regular hosting will be $7.99/month. You can purchase up to 10 years (120 months) to get a discounted rate on your hosting. I usually recommend 1-2 years minimum.
After 1-2 years, your domain name should be around $10-$20 a year.
6. Enter your payment information and billing information.
7. Click the green "Complete Your Purchase Button."
ANNND YOU'RE DONE! 🙂